There is nothing mystifying about the PermaFlo mist eliminator once you realize the value and benefits it has to offer. This polyester filter mat that is an excellent choice over metal mesh and hogs hair because it is progressively structured, with the density of fiber layers that promotes cleaner air. Unlike a sponge where the pad soaks up moisture, this tight nonwoven rigid polyester media keeps water out of equipment because the types of mist (liquid and air) cling to the fiber material. That means, PermaFlo air filters will not absorb moisture or sag in moist environments, and it can easily be cleaned with water for long term use. PermaFlo can be easily cut-to-fit with scissors, available in rolls or spare filter mats.
Why is PermaFlo better than hogs hair replacement filter mat?
- PermaFlo filter mats have bi-directional air flow, which insures that it can’t be installed wrong.
- Hogs hair has fiber variability that allows uneven coverage of air flow, while PermaFlo spare filter mats have a known uniform weight and thickness.
- The fibers in PermaFlo are unaffected by moisture, safe to handle, no fiberglass or sharp edges, and doesn’t flake or shed.
- Antimicrobial has been added to the PermaFlo Gray filter media to inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi, mold spores, mildew and other contaminants that can be created in environments with constant humidity and moisture.
Why is PermaFlo better than metal mesh mist eliminator?
- The tight rigid nonwoven polyester media is more effective in collecting water and mist.
- PermaFlo is light weight and easy to handle.
- The rigid polyester media is self-supporting and frames are optional.
- PermaFlo Gray costs less than metal mesh.
- Replacement filter mat pads generate aftermarket sales.
- Independent test results for water penetration using UL-50 rain yielded “no water droplets penetrating to the inside of the testing chamber. No moisture on the back side surface of the expanded galvanized protective screen.”